Friday, October 28, 2005

Book of Mormon Moment #451. Amharic. Fri, Oct 28, 2005.

10/28/2005. At the laundromat. I noticed a taxi parked out front, so I was hoping for a contact. There was a couple with cute little baby sitting at the table next to mine. Of all the people in the laundromat, I would have guessed him for the taxi driver.

After I got my washers started, the wife went to fold their laundry while the man sat and took care of the baby. I asked the man if that was his taxi outside. He said yes. I asked him what languages he spoke and he said Amharic. I offered to show him my Amharic Book of Mormon and New Testament, and he agreed to see them.

I went out to my car and brought back in Amharic and English copies of the Book of Mormon, and Amharic and English copies of the New Testament.

We spoke for a bit and talked about the Ethiopian lady who had been abandoned by her boyfriend whom I encountered a couple months ago. He gave me his name and number and said he'd be willing to help translate if I made contact with her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home