Monday, October 20, 2008

Chinese at gas station. Mon, Oct 20, 2008.

10/20/2008. 1079. On the way home from lunch I felt inspired to stop at a certain gas station. I went in and bought a newspaper. There was an Asian lady at the other cashier. I stood around outside for just a few seconds reading the paper until she came out, and I struck up a conversation. I offered her a free video in Chinese from church, and she agreed to receive it. I went over to my car and brought back a "Finding Happiness" and a "Together Forever" DVD, a Chinese Liahona magazine, and a simplified script Chinese Book of Mormon.

She was definitely interested in the material. She was more comfortable with traditional script Chinese, so I swapped her a traditional script Book of Mormon for the simplified script. She asked where the church was and if anyone spoke Chinese. I don't know any Chinese speakers locally, but had the local cell phone number of a member who speaks Mandarin, but moved away.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10/21/2008 01:12:00 PM, Blogger The Giffs said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. You are a wonderful inspiration.

 
At 10/21/2008 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

[blush] Thank-you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home