Thursday, October 02, 2008

Various at stake center. Thu, Oct 2, 2008.

10/02/2008. Journal entry. I was at the stake center for an appointment. I offered one of the stake leaders with whom I spoke, a few copies of the Book of Mormon to keep in his car to see if this thing of meeting people works for others. He agreed, so I gave him a Shona (Zimbabwe), an Amharic (Ethiopian) and an English copy, labeled, and in a plastic zipper-seal bag.

I ran into another member who was there for a stake meeting. I struck up a conversation with him, and learned he and his wife are Japanese. They occasionally go to Japanese restaurants which are mostly owned by Koreans.

I offered him a Korean Book of Mormon, Korean and English copies of a Liahona magazine, and the "Finding Happiness" DVD which has Japanese, Korean, Chinese and English sound tracks. He said he planned to visit a particular restaurant while traveling in a few weeks, and agreed to attempt to give them out.

On my way to my car, I passed one of the counselors in the Stake Presidency who was in his car. I offered him a handful of the business-card sized custom pass-along cards. I suggested he might find those more handy to carry around than the larger full-color ones the church produces. The church's are good, but they're not always easy to carry around

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home