Wednesday, January 02, 2008

English at gas station/convenience store. Wed, Jan 2, 2008.

01/02/2008. 936. On the way home from the laundromat I felt inspired to go in a certain direction instead of the quickest way that I would normally take. It wasn't going to be out of the way, just another route of equal distance, but staying off the freeway.

As I started in that direction, the thought of a certain convenience store along that way came to mind, and I felt like I should stop there. I've been there several times before over the years (just for a newspaper, or soda pop, or to get gas), and have never encountered immigrants working there. But it felt like I should offer something to whoever was working there.

I stopped there and got a newspaper and an inexpensive DVD that looked interesting. After I paid, I told the clerk I liked to give out free Bibles, and asked if he wanted one. He said okay. I asked if he'd like a King James or a more modern translation, and he said a modern translation. I said I'd go see what I had in the car.

I found I had a "Contemporary English Version" Bible in the car, and I also retrieved an English Book of Mormon, and a "Our Heavenly Father's Plan" DVD.

I went back in and presented them, and he graciously accepted them, including the Book of Mormon, and the DVD when I presented them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home