Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Bengali at gas station. Wed, Jan 2, 2008.

01/02/2008. 935. It was after midnight, and I had just finished up doing laundry at a 24-hour laundromat. There's a gas station next door, so after putting my laundry in the rental car, I went there to buy a newspaper.

(I had procrastinated earlier in the evening, and didn't really have to do laundry so late if I would have gotten around to it earlier. Earlier in the evening, I had felt inspired to go to a different 24-hour laundromat on the other side of town. But since I delayed, and it was so late, I went to the one on this side of town.)

The family that runs the gas station is from Bangladesh. I had given at least one of the employees there Bengali and English copies of the Book of Mormon at least a year ago.

I didn't recognize the cashier tonight, so I figured I could offer him some material. Even though I had earlier felt that I should have gone elsewhere to do laundry, I now felt as there may have been some inspiration to make an offer of material here tonight, while I was there anyway. Sort of like an "Okay, as long as you're here" kind of thing.

After paying, I asked if he spoke Bengali and he said yes. I offered him a book in Bengali from the church, and he agreed to see it. I went out to the car and retrieved Bengali and English copies of the Book of Mormon. When I went back in, he must have been in back room, as I didn't see him. So I gave the the books to one of the other employees, and said that it was in his language.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home