Monday, December 31, 2007

Spanish Liahona at restaurant. Mon, Dec 31, 2007.

12/31/2007. 934. The faithful ol' Book-of-Mormon-Mobile is officially toast, and was declared "totalled" (meaning cost of repairs exceeds the pre-accident or even the post-accident value.) I'll be getting another car in a week or so, and in the mean time have borrowed rides or imposed/hired friends to take me where I needed to go.

But today, I had so many errands, I had to rent a car. Around supper time, I was on the West side of town, and felt inspired to stop to eat at a restaurant that I visited in November 2006.

I'm pretty sure my waitress this time was a different lady this time.

For some reason, I didn't feel up to offering a Bible and Book of Mormon. So I took in a couple Spanish Liahona magazines, and a Together Forever DVD that has a Spanish audio track.

It's been over two weeks since I've offered anyone material, and I can quickly get "out of the groove" and let timidity creep in and lose confidence.

It was pretty good food. When I paid, I casually offered the waitress the magazine I was reading, saying it was free, and from my church, and she just as casually accepted it. My name and mailing address were still on the back cover. And I had hand-written "Misioneros: (phone number)" on the back cover, giving the phone number of the nearby full-time missionaries (elders) who spoke Spanish.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home