Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yoruba at gas station. Sat, Sep 22, 2007.

09/22/2007. 888. After supper at the Chinese buffet, I ran one more errand, and was heading home. But I felt a motivation to go to the singles dance at a nearby stake center. I hadn't planned on going, but all of a sudden it felt like the right thing to do.

I stayed at the dance about an hour or so, and left before the end. I took a certain route home, but received a distinct impression that I should go back to a particular gas station that I had already passed and then take a different route home.

I've been to that gas station before on previous trips to/from the stake center, and have made a least a couple of book or DVD placements there.

I went in and bought something. The cashier spoke with an accent, so I asked where he was from. He was from Nigeria and his native language was Yoruba. I offered him a Yoruba Sunday School manual, and his face lit up, and he expressed eagerness to see it. I brought a copy in from my car along with the English edition. He graciously accepted them, and started flipping through them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home