Saturday, September 08, 2007

Festival day. Sat, Sep 8, 2007.

09/08/2007. 883. I had a booth at a cultural festival today to exhibit and distribute the Book of Mormon and church DVDs in the languages of that country. I only gave out one Book of Mormon, but that was enough to make it worthwhile. Then a member from another city stopped by, and she accepted a few DVDs that have audio tracks in one of her languages. Her English wasn't fluent, so she probably hasn't been in the US long. Then a former officer of the sponsoring organization picked up a DVD. And one of the other exhibitors asked for an NIV Bible which I also had on display.

The signage that I used had "FREE" written on it, but it wasn't big enough to get the message across. People kept asking me the prices. So next time I'll need to emphasize "FREE" more. I think I'll also put stickers with "FREE" on the books and DVDs.

The food, the music, and the cultural dances were absolutely great. I would have gone to this festival even if I hadn't had a booth there.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9/19/2007 02:04:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'd suggest making multi-lingual "free" stickers and signage, myself -- at a minimum, for Chinese, Somali, and Spanish (at least, that's what I'd choose here in Columbus, based on the ethnicities that seem prevalent.)

I know I'd pick up a Russian book with the word "free" in Russian (блесплатный) a lot faster than I would if it were a Russian book labeled with the English word "free." I have no idea why, but I think I'd find it more authentic somehow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home