Saturday, June 16, 2007

Vietnamese at nail salon. Sat, Jun 16, 2007.

06/16/2007. 831. I was heading South on the Interstate from Indianapolis to go to a Single Adult dance at another stake. I had planned on getting off at one of exits along the way to look for a Chinese restaurant to have supper. Around suppertime, I stopped at one exit, drove around a bit, and couldn't find anything. I stopped at the next exit, and drove around a bit, but didn't see any Chinese restaurants. However, I did see this nail salon.

I haven't had much success with book placements just by walking into nail salons. However, if one of the employees is standing outside, sometimes I'll strike up a conversation out on the sidewalk, and those sometimes turn into nice encounters.

Here at this one, no one was standing outside, but I felt inspired to go in anyway. I took in Vietnamese and English copies of the Liahona magazine.

They didn't have any customers, and it looked like they were getting ready to close. I asked the closest employee if he liked to read in Vietnamese, and said that I had an extra free magazine in Vietnamese from my church. He enthusiastically accepted it along with the English copy. He seemed positive about it, so I then offered the Book of Mormon, and he agreed to see it, so I went back out to the car and got a Vietnamese copy and an English copy of the Book of Mormon, and took those in, and he accepted them.

We chit-chatted a bit, and it was a very friendly encounter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home