Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bengali at gas station. Tue, Jun 19, 2007

06/19/2007. 837. (Road trip to visit family, continued.) Between the last entry and this one, there were some other stops, but with no obvious opportunities, and no placements attempted. Again, some stops were on my own initiative, and some were prompted, or at least I thought so.

Anyway, this particular stop was prompted, and it was obvious. This was the event that made the trip worthwhile, aside from visiting family. It made all the rejections, the confusion, the dejection, and the fruitless other stops worth it.

I bought a newspaper, and the cashier was from Bangladesh. He was outgoing and chatty, and pleasantly suprised when I spoke a few words in Bengali. He was delighted to be offered something to read in Bengali, and didn't mind at all that it was Christian material. We chatted for some time, and I eventually had to beg off when other customers got in line.

I left thinking that that encounter was meant to be, and that something will come of it.

A few miles down the road, I pulled off the Interstate again, looking for more opportunities, stopped at a couple gas stations, and then checked into a decent but inexpensive motel for the night. I probably could have driven for another hour, but felt strongly prompted to stay the night at that particular motel. I wondered if it was a timing factor to get into position for the next day, or some other reason.

I went to bed grateful for the day and for the two very enthusiastic receptions I had received along the road.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home