Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Arabic at gas station. Wed, Jun 20, 2007

06/20/2007. 839. (Road trip to visit family, continued. 2nd day of driving.) It was still prior to lunch-time. I don't remember why I stopped at this exit, I forgot to write it down on the notes I kept in the car. As far as I remember, I did not stop at this exit on last year's trip. If I did stop here last year, I took the exit in the other direction.

I went into one gas station to buy a newspaper. The cashier spoke with a very slight accent. He was from the Middle East and spoke Arabic. He was very amenable to receiving a Book of Mormon in Arabic, so I went out to the car and brought one back in. There was no one else in line, so I didn't have to wait any. He immediately started flipping through it. He also accepted the English edition to go along with it. It was a very pleasant encounter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home