Saturday, October 07, 2006

Swahili and Kisii at parts store. Sat, Oct 7, 2006.

10/07/2006. 729. I was at a parts store to replace two stop/tail light bulbs on my car. One of the employees was outside on break so I asked him if he'd help me check to see if it was working after I replaced the first bulb. Since it's a combo stop/tail, I was unsure if I had replaced the right bulb.

He's a friendly and cool guy, and he helped me out. He spoke with an accent, so I asked where he was from. He said Kenya, so I asked about the languages he spoke, and offered him a Book of Mormon in Swahili. He enthusiastically accepted. I mentioned the Kisii translation of the Book of Mormon too, and though he didn't speak it, he asked for a copy for a friend. And he accepted two English copies to go along with them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home