Friday, July 07, 2006

Moment #640. Tamil declined. Fri, Jul 7, 2006.

07/07/2006. I was in line at the post office. A lady in line appeared to be from India. I asked if she spoke Telugu. She said she spoke Tamil. It was my turn up next, so I didn't get to continue our conversation.

I took my package out to my car, and got out Tamil and English copies of the Book of Mormon. I waited outside for a while, but the lady didn't come out. After a while I went in, and apparently she had obtained forms the first time through the line, filled them out in the outer lobby, and had finished and was about to go back to the inner lobby when I popped back in.

Without costing her her place in line, I was able to offer the Tamil and English books. I could tell she was a very humble and meek person, so I tried my best to offer the books as meekly as I could. She read the title and I suppose the sub-title too, because her facial expression indicated she was not interested even before she declined by saying she was Hindu. So I thanked her and withdrew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home