Monday, July 03, 2006

Moment #635. Chinese DVD at restaurant. Mon, Jul 3, 2006.

07/03/2006. I went to the Chinese restaurant I had in mind. It's new and the dining area was clean. I ordered, paid, sat down, and put Chinese material on the table. A few minutes later the teenage cashier brought out my food and noticed the Books of Mormon in Chinese.

I offered them, and he flipped through one, but he wasn't interested, and handed it back. His English wasn't that good, so he wasn't very Americanized. His disinterest was strong enough that I don't think I even tried to explain the bilingual ESL nature.

After eating, I approached the counter, and offered the "Finding Happiness" DVD, with Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, and English tracks. He reluctantly accepted it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home