Sunday, June 25, 2006

We should obey "with exactness." Sun, Jun 25, 2006.

06/26/2006. The previous entry about giving out a lot of material to many people who were interested came about from giving an ailing man a ride to work. And that came about because I had previously met him due to heeding a prompting, even though I didn't obey "with exactness."

For brevity's sake, I didn't tell the whole story about the Spirit telling me to hurry out of Kroger. I should have gotten my frozen vegetables and then checked out, but I spent an extra 30 or 45 seconds getting some pop. Had I not detoured for the pop, I would have met the man in or in front of the Dollar General in a natural fashion, instead of having to jog to catch up with him outside the store on the sidewalk. Thankfully, I was still able to meet him.

If I had dilly-dallied any more at Kroger, perhaps just another 15 seconds, I would have missed him completely, and not had the amazing encounter described in the previous entry.

It also makes me wonder, what would have happened if I had obeyed "with exactness" and not detoured for the pop, and would have met him in a more natural manner, 45 seconds earlier, perhaps in front of other customers or employees at the Dollar General. What did I miss due to my 45 second delay in obedience?

This is a big lesson for me. The scriptural lesson about Helaman's 2000 "Stripling Warriors" and the importance of their obedience "with exactness" came to life.

1 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Bradley Ross said...

Thanks for sharing that anecdote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home