Friday, June 16, 2006

Moment #597. Japanese declined. Thu, Jun 15, 2006.

06/15/2006. After the Burmese lady left, and after I had put my clothes in dryers, I noticed an Asian man putting his clothes on hangers. On my way back from putting something in the car, I stopped near him and asked if he spoke any languages other than English. He said Japanese. I asked if he liked to read in Japanese, and he said yes. I said my church had material in Japanese, and asked if he had heard of the Book of Mormon. He said he hadn't. I said we believe in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon, and that I had a Japanese copy of the Book of Mormon in my car. He indicated he wasn't interested. I offered him a free church DVD in Japanese, and he declined that too.

It wasn't until later, as I write this, that I realized that he may have assumed I wanted him to come out to the car, instead of me bringing the material in for him to look at.

I'll have to make a point to remember to emphasize that I'll bring the material inside. I also think that this was a case where he may have changed his mind had he actually seen the book. I think I should have retrieved it anyway, and let him see from a distance that I had it. I don't like to re-approach someone after they say no, but I want to leave the door open for them to re-initiate contact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home