Friday, June 16, 2006

Moment #596. Burmese at laundromat. Thu, Jun 15, 2006.

06/15/2006. While doing my wash I noticed a college-age woman waiting over by the dryers. I got that "yeah, I should talk to her" feeling. She appeared Asian-Pacific. She was standing between the folding table and the dryers, so I approached on the other side of the folding table, and asked if she spoke any languages other than English. She said Burmese. I offered her a pamphlet in Burmese from my church, and she agreed to see it. I went out to the car and got English and Burmese copies of the Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet. (That's all the church has in Burmese so far.) She graciously accepted them. We chit-chatted a bit, and she said she just moved to town to go to college. She said she was Buddhist, and that there were many Burmese in the city she just moved from, and several Buddhist temples there, but hadn't made contact with any locally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home