Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Journal Entry. DVD's at Mexican and Korean stores. Tue, Apr 4, 2006.

04/04/2006. After leaving the Thai restaurant my friend and I decided to check out some ethnic grocery stores near where she lives. She hadn't been to either of them before.

We first stopped at a Mexican grocery store where I had given out some DVDs before. We both made some purchases, and I showed off my knowledge about some of the products I like, and made some recommendations.

The cashier was a man I hadn't seen there before. He turned out to be the owner's husband. My friend struck up a conversation with him, and he willingly engaged us. He told us about his family, and he was very proud of his wife, children and one grandchild. He said he's from Northern Mexico, and I think he said he's at least 25% Indian. So I'd like to introduce him to one of the Native American member of the church who lives in that part of town.

He accepted the two Spanish Liahona magazines and two multi-lingual DVD's (Together Forever, and Finding Faith in Christ) that I offered.

We then went to a Korean-owned grocery store, browsed, and bought some things. I love these kinds of stores for their large variety of noodles, and pre-packaged ramen. In most American grocery stores, ramen packages come in three flavors: beef, chicken and shrimp. These Asian stores usually have over 20 different varieties. Plus many kinds of bulk noodles.

The cashier's English vocabulary seemed to be limited to store matters, so she called her husband up front when my friend offered some DVDs in Korean. We gave them multi-lingual copies of Finding Faith in Christ, and Special Witnesses of Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home