Monday, March 20, 2006

Moment #547. Punjabi G.F. Mon, Mar 20, 2006.

03/20/2006. On the way back from the Chinese restaurant, I was talking, and passed the gas station I had wanted to go to. So I had to turn around. The restaurant didn't have a diet cola, so I needed my caffeine fix, and planned on getting a diet cola here. The ward mission leader and I walked in together, but I lost track of him while getting my cola. I went to pay. Asked the cashier what he spoke, and he said Punjabi and Hindi. I asked which he liked to read in, and he said Punjabi. I said our church has free books in Punjabi, and asked if he'd like to see them. He said sure, without hesitation.

I went out to the car, and got out a Punjabi and English Gospel Fundamentals, and Punjabi and English Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlets. While I was getting them out of the car, the WML caught up with me, and we both went back in and presented them to the cashier. He eagerly accepted the Punjabi, and was a bit reluctant about the English. When I explained that they were 2 translations of the same book, and some people like to read them together, he caught the idea, then accepted the English.

2 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 03:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. I laughed for joy on finding this blog. I have no excuses...none whatsoever. NONE! If Scrooge was "surplus" population relative to "millions" of the Dickensian poor, then I am a surplus [every member] missionary.

Repentance is in order. I am bookmarking this blog.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

 
At 3/21/2006 09:41:00 AM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Thanks. I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home