Thursday, March 09, 2006

Moment #536. Spanish. Thu, Mar 9, 2006.

03/09/2006. I took two of our Spanish speaking missionaries (elders) to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Our plan was for me to initiate the contact or placement.

After we ordered I put Spanish/English Books of Mormon and Spanish/English New Testaments on the table. The waitress noticed them but didn't say anything. I should have said something during the various times she came by, but I didn't.

After paying, I finally asked her if she liked to read Spanish. She admited that she didn't read Spanish, just spoke it. (She was born in the US.) I offered the 4-book set to her suggesting she could read them together and maybe learn, and that if she wanted to learn more about our church, or if anyone else wanted copies of the books, to contact the missionaries whose number was in the books. I asked her if she had seen Mormon missionaries before, and she didn't seem to recognize them as Mormon missionaries.

But, she happily accepted the books without any reluctance or annoyance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home