Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Moment #534. Chinese. Tue, Mar 7, 2006.

03/07/2006. Still at the same restaurant as the previous encounter with the Nigerian man.

When we sat down at the Chinese restaurant, I put both kinds of Chinese Books of Mormon on the table, both Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.

Our waitress was from China. She spoke restaurant vocabulary very well, but I think we were unable to convey that the Book of Mormon was not the Bible. I tried to emphasize that they were the same book, with two different translations. Anyway, she turned down our offer of a free pair of books.

After giving out the Yoruba and English Gospel Fundamentals to the man from Nigeria, I went back to our table to finish our meal.

After we finished eating and were about to leave, I offered the hostess/cashier a pair of books. She was from Taiwan, and accepted the Traditional Chinese and the English Book of Mormon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home