Friday, March 10, 2006

Recon. Fri, Mar 10, 2006.

03/10/2006. I was driving home late at night from a club meeting downtown. I approached a gas station at a corner, and felt a "tug" to pull in there. I did so, and parked. I went to the night window, and asked for a newspaper. They were out of newspapers. The cashier was an Anglo lady. I looked around and didn't see any opportuntities to approach anyone. I got back into my car thinking I had imagined it.

I pulled out of the gas station onto the cross street so that I wouldn't have to make a left hand turn onto the main street. And then I saw it, a Chinese buffet on the other side of the cross street. It was far enough away from the main street that I would not have noticed it driving down the main street. But by coming out of the gas station on that side of the corner, I could see it.

I never would have seen it by stopping at the gas station heading towards downtown. Only leaving downtown, and making the detour into the gas station, did that restaurant come into view. Interesting. The Spirit used the known to direct me to the unknown, or the seen to direct me to the unseen. Sometimes you can't see point B until you first go to point A.

It goes on the "to be visited" list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home