Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Moment #549. Indonesian/Thai.Tue, Apr 4, 2006.

04/04/2006. A female friend and I decided to go out to eat and seek missionary opportunities. She suggested Thai food, so I chose a restaurant near her side of town. I put Asian language copies of the Book of Mormon in one of my bags and met her there.

Immediately after our waiter took our order, I asked him if he liked to read Thai. He said that he was Indonesian. I offered him a free Book of Mormon in Indonesian, and he was pleasantly surprised. I had one in my bag, and gave it to him. He graciously and eagerly accepted it and also the English edition we offered. His waiter station was behind a divider so we couldn't see if he started reading it.

Another man who was taking orders, and who looked like the owner, didn't seem to notice the Thai Book of Mormon on our table, even though he walked past us a couple times.

I forgot to bring in the Thai language Liahona magazines I had in the car, so I went back out to get those, and we put those on our table too.

The owner brought the check, but was quick and efficient, so I didn't see a comfortable opportunity to strike up a conversation with him.

My friend went to the counter to drop off the signed credit card slip, (she paid for the dinner, thanks!) and took the Thai Liahona magazines with her. The man graciously accepted them. She then came back for the Thai and English copies of the Book of Mormon, and he graciously accepted those too.

They had a magazine rack of Thai magazines. She said the man told her he'd put the Liahona magazines on the rack with the others.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home