Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Missed opportunity. Wed, Dec 14, 2005.

12/14/2005. On my way home from a meeting on the other side of town, I stopped at a couple gas stations, one to buy a newspaper and another to buy some pop. I didn't see an opportunity at the first. But at the second there was an opportunity that I missed.

The cashier was a Spanish-speaking man with a kind and humble voice. He was very friendly to the customers. It occurred to me to offer him something, but I didn't have anything ready to say to a Spanish-speaker, so I just brushed off the idea. Afterwards, I felt guilty about it, so then I realized it was a genuine opportunity.

All of the DVD's I had in the car had a Spanish audio track, including the Joy to the World DVD featuring the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

I need to go back to that part of town within a few days, so I'll try to remember to stop by there again. But the possibility of it being a permanently lost opportunity will hopefully give me more courage for similar opportunities in the future.

1 Comments:

At 12/18/2005 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Julie M. Smith said...

I want you to know, bookslinger, that this is a most amazing blog and you are a most amazing person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home