Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chinese at restaurant. Thu, Dec 10, 2009.

12/10/2009. 1233. I had supper at a new Chinese buffet restaurant. It's in the same location as a previous one, but with new owners. As I paid, the father and the teenage son were up at the cashier counter. The father didn't seem to speak much English, and I spoke mostly with the son. I offered him some free material from church, and he said he already had a Bible, but he agreed to see what I had. After paying, I went out to the car and retrieved my book bag. He accepted the simplified script Chinese Book of Mormon, an English Book of Mormon, and a DVD of "To This End Was I Born" that has a Mandarin audio track.

I still haven't gone back and organized my notes of contacts and book placements on last month's trip to Florida. I need to find a better way of keeping track of things while I'm on the road.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12/11/2009 04:58:00 PM, Blogger Kelsey said...

I found this blog by fluke, and really enjoy it! What a cool way to share The Book of Mormon with others, and most people speak other languages, so even better. Keep up the good work!

 
At 12/11/2009 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Thanks! I recently visited your blog because your blog showed up as a web site that referred someone to me. Maybe you clicked on the "Next blog" button and landed on my blog that way, I dunno.

I've been getting more and more hits via other people's "Next Blog" button, so something has happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home