Thursday, November 19, 2009

Arabic, gas station, road trip. Thu, Nov 19, 2009.

On a road-trip from Indiana to Florida.

11/19/2009. 1203. While in Ohio, not long after dinner, I recognized an Interstate exit where I had made two placements during a previous trip. I felt inspired to stop at one of the two gas stations I had previously been to. I bought a soft drink, and it seemed to me that the cashier was not the same guy as before. He spoke with an accent, so I asked where his family was from. He knew English, but wasn't quite fluent, so I guessed he's only been here a little while. He was from a country in the Middle East, spoke Arabic and had only been in the United States a few months. I jokingly told him he was a Buckeye now, and he got the joke.

I offered him "a free book in Arabic from my church" and he agreed to see it. I made sure he knew it was Christian material and he was fine with that, and said I could give it to him. So I retrieved an Arabic copy and an English copy of the Book of Mormon from my car and went back in and presented them. He enthusiastically and gratefully received them because he was very eager for bilingual Arabic/English material, and he had no problem with it being Christian material.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/03/2009 06:56:00 AM, Blogger Ryan Mercer said...

Sounds like they might use it to teach their kids Arabic... then they might go "hey, what's this, these people sound interesting!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home