Monday, November 09, 2009

Vietnamese at gas station. Mon, Nov 9, 2009.

11/09/2009. 1200. I was at a nearby gas station helping a friend with his computer. He was on duty as the cashier, and I was sitting behind the counter at his laptop computer. Customers were coming and going, and he attended to them as I was doing stuff with the computer.

One of the customers was an Asian man who bought a phone card. I asked him where he was going to call, and he said Vietnam. So..... I offered him a free book in Vietnamese from my church. It was a quick conversation, and it didn't interfere with his transaction with the cashier. And, he enthusiastically agreed to receive the free church book in Vietnamese.

He went back outside to gas up his vehicle, and I went out and got a Vietnamese copy and an English copy of the Book of Mormon from my trunk. I met him over at his car, and he was enthusiastic to receive both of them. I asked if he had heard of the Book of Mormon before, and he said no, so I said that at our church we use the Bible and the Book of Mormon along with it. I pointed out my calling card in the front, and the list of chapels, and invited him to call or attend if he wanted. He thanked me, and I went back inside.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home