Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Spanish at restaurant. Wed, Oct 14, 2009.

10/14/2009. 1195. An appointment at a client's office on the other side of town ran well into the evening, so I was hungry and wanted to eat before driving home. I picked a Mexican restaurant that I hadn't been to before. I've been to that location several times, but the restaurant has changed owners and is under a new name. It's a nice mom-and-pop place.

I sat down, ordered, and enjoyed a nice meal. When I paid, I took a Spanish Bible and a Spanish Book of Mormon with me to the cashier counter. After paying, I said to the cashier that I like to give out Bibles, and offered him the Bible for free, if he needed one or wanted on. He graciously accepted it. Then I said that at our church we use the Bible and the Book of Mormon while I displayed the Book of Mormon in my hand. I asked if he had heard of it, and he said yes. I asked if he had read it, and he said no. He asked what it was about, and I gave him the short explanation of the Bible being from the Old World, written by prophets and apostles, and that the Book of Mormon is from the New World, written by prophets and apostles, and that both books teach of God and Christ. He graciously accepted the Book of Mormon too.

It was a pleasant encounter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home