Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Chinese at restaurant. Tues, Oct 6, 2009.

10/06/2009. 1193. I was on the other side of town at a client's office for an appointment. My client and I took a lunch break and went to a nearby inexpensive Chinese buffet. Very inexpensive, but the food was good. I've been there before, years ago, but I don't remember if they accepted anything. It might have changed owners since then, too, since the staff looked different.

This client is a member of the church, is a Caucasian-American, and speaks Mandarin. He has taught several investigator Sunday School classes at church to Mandarin-speaking Chinese students who were studying at a local university. So, he's familiar with my restaurant approach.

After we finished eating, I asked him if he wanted to present material to the staff. He told me "you go for it." So, I took a Chinese/English bilingual New Testament, Chinese and English copies of the Book of Mormon, and a DVD to the cashier stand, and offered them to the guy behind the counter. He was interested, but not overly enthusiastic. He accepted the books, but not the DVD.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home