Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Fulani at laundromat parking lot. Wed, Nov 4, 2009.

11/04/2009. 1199. Laundry day. I parked near the laundromat, unloaded my stuff, and then moved my car further away. I picked the closest spot to the laundromat but just not one of the "loading/unloading only" spots. A taxi happened to be parked next to the open spot I picked.

That taxi company employs almost all Africans as drivers. I asked the driver what language he spoke, and he said Fulani. I said I just happened to have a free copy of my church's Sunday School manual in Fulani and asked if he'd like to see it. He said sure. I went back to my car and got out a Fulani and an English copy of Gospel Fundamentals and presented them. He accepted the Fulani copy, but politely declined teh English.

I pointed out the list of local chapels on the flyer I had put inside, and invited him to visit sometime. He thanked me, and I ran off to do my laundry.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home