Monday, November 16, 2009

Yoruba at store. Mon, Nov 16, 2009.

11/16/2009. 1201. I was shopping at a store and the man in the checkout line ahead of me appeared and sounded as if he were foreign born. However, I got there just as it was his turn to check out, so I didn't have a chance to strike up a conversation. But when I got out to the parking lot, he was still putting stuff away in his vehicle, and he was parked almost next to my car, so it was convenient to strike up a conversation with him.

I asked him where his family was original from, and he said Nigeria. I asked if he was Yoruba or Igbo, and he said Yoruba. I said my church has free books in Yoruba, and offered him one. He asked which church, and I said the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He agree to receive a copy. I asked him to wait at his car and I'd get one from mine, but he followed me over to my car anyway. I retrieved a Yoruba copy and an English copy from the trunk of my car, and presented them to him and he accepted them. I pointed out the chapel I go to on the info flyer that I had put inside the front cover, and indicated my calling card there too.

He was very grateful, and then we went our separate ways.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home