Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Book of Mormon Moment #437-438. Various African. Tue, Oct 11, 2005.

10/11/2005. I was on the NW side of town running errands. I decided to stop at an African grocery store. I wanted to get some Fufu flour and some ginger beer. They have real ginger beer, not artificially flavored, or merely American style ginger ale.

The proprietress recognized me from when I gave her English and French copies of the Book of Mormon on a previous visit. She's from Liberia. She said she recently gave her French Book of Mormon to someone else who couldn't speak English very well.

She was very enthusiastic about the Book of Mormon being in so many languages, and said many African immigrants are looking for churches here. Her husband is from Ghana and speaks Twi, and when I mentioned that the Book of Mormon is now in Twi since the last time I was there, she was enthusiastic about it.

I brought in the rest of my Arican language books, and gave her an additional copy in each of the following languages: Efik, Fante, French, Igbo, Lingala, Shona, Swahili, Twi, and Zulu. Plus four copies in English.

Another of her friends/customers came in and I practiced some of the French that I learned in French class with her, and gave this lady a copy of the Book of Mormon in French and one in English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home