Monday, November 01, 2010

Chinese at massage place. Mon, Nov 1, 2010.

11/01/2010. 1259. I was walking by a place that offers a quick chair massage, the kind where you sort of sit/kneel, and put your face in a support rest, for only a few dollars for a few minutes. I've recently started doing some new exercises, and my shoulders were a bit stiff, so it seemed worth the price.

The employees were Chinese, and I happened to have been carrying some Chinese and English copies of the Book of Mormon. I had planned on offering them at a nearby Asian restaurant, but I didn't encounter any Chinese employees at that restaurant.

The idea of a placement here was only secondary. It really was just serendipitous that they were Chinese. And my shoulders really have been sore for several days. Honest!

There was some language barrier as they were not very proficient in English. So after I paid for the chair massage, I'm not sure they understood my offer of free material, or whether they formally accepted my offer, but when I handed it to them, they accepted it. It was a Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon, an English Book of Mormon, and a Chinese Liahona.

I've always wondered if those Asian massage places that have been springing up were legitimate or not. But this one was obviously legit, with just the chair-massage deal in an open area. No private rooms. The operator was a bit rough on me, but it worked out well. Though if you have specific instructions you need to give your massage therapist, I would recommend against these types of places due to the communication barrier.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home