Monday, September 20, 2010

Missed op at laundromat. Mon, Sep 20, 2010.

09/20/2010. Journal Entry. Missed opportunity.

I was at the all night laundromat doing some late laundry. There was a man waiting around for his laundry to get finished. He was wearing a knit skull-cap that many Muslims wear.

After I got my laundry in the dryers, I went over and asked him where he was from. He said Bangladesh. I said "Apnar shathhe shakkhat kore khoob khushi holam." ("I'm very pleased to meet you." Which I learned from 101 Languages of the World.) He smiled broadly and extended his hand to shake mine. I then said "Ami matro olpo olpo Bangla bolte pari." ("I only speak a little Bengali.") We chatted a bit more, and I excused myself to check on something. But when I turned back to go offer him a Book of Mormon in Bengali, he was gone.

If ya snooze, ya lose. Just the chance of getting to offer him a Book of Mormon (whether he accepted it or not) would have been worth a wrinkled shirt.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home