Saturday, August 14, 2010

Recap of customized pass-along cards.

I thought I'd do a post of all the various custom pass-along cards that I've come up with. All of these are business-card sized, 3.5" wide by 2" tall. Some were done at Office Depot, one at Office Max, and some on my home computer and printer.

The reason I use these in addition to church-produced pass-along cards is that these fit in my wallet. The church-produced cards are not business-card size. Another reason is that the church-produced cards don't have the local mission office on them, and don't mention that the Book of Mormon is available in many non-English languages.

The copies of the Book of Mormon that I give out usually contain 3 cards:
1. The church's Book of Mormon card inserted at 3 Nephi chapter 11.
2. The customized business-card sized Book of Mormon card at 1 Nephi chapter 1.
3. My personal calling card inside the front cover.

Plus, I put a list of local chapels on a 8.5x11" flyer inside the front cover, and mark both 3 Nephi chapter 11, and Moroni 10:3-5 with post-it notes.

If I'm in a situation where I can only give out a pass-along card, I can just use an appropriate one from my wallet.

Here is the main one that goes in all material I give out. These were done online at OfficeDepot.com:

The 317-802-9650 number, which was the local mission office, is now 580-0479. 888-537-2200 is the toll-free number from the church's official "call for a free Book of Mormon pass-along card."

The next has the same information, done online at OfficeMax.com:


For English-only speaking people, it can be easier to start out with an offer of a Bible:


or:

888-537-1212 is the toll-free number from the church's official "call for a free Bible" pass-along card.

Also important to include, is your own contact information. I prefer not to write anything directly on the books, so I include a personal calling-card:


The recent ward pass-along card, or "invite to church" card:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home