Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mongolian. Thu, Jun 24, 2010.

06/24/2010. 1242. I saw an Asian lady, and started a conversation by asking what languages she spoke, and she said Mongolian. I asked if she still liked to read in Mongolian and she said yes, so I offered her a free Book of Mormon and a magazine in Mongolian from church, and she agreed to accept them. I retrieved them, along with an English Book of Mormon, and presented them to her. She seemed genuinely interested in them. She was pretty outgoing herself, so she didn't seem to mind that I had started a conversation with her. She even asked some questions about the church, so I got out the info flyer that I put in one of the books and showed her the chapel I go to.

She didn't know any other Mongolians in town, so I gave her the name and number of the other local Mongolian person who I know. He's not LDS but has contacts with local folks from Mongolia. They used to have an informal group that got together, but I haven't spoken with him in a while. I also told her about the young man who I knew from Mongolia who joined the church in 2006, but has since moved.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home