Thursday, July 01, 2010

Pass-along card at rest stop. Thu, July 1, 2010.

07/01/10. 1244. I stopped at a rest stop along an Interstate highway for a bathroom break. Upon entering the building I saw a man who appeared to be from India, and felt impressed to speak with him. When I left the building, he was outside, and I struck up a conversation with him. He was from India, but the church doesn't have anything in his particular language, so I just gave him a custom pass-along card.

While we were chatting, his wife and kids came over. His wife mentioned what town they were going to to visit family, it was where she grew up. [Cue the theme from the Twilight Zone.] I literally gasped. It was the same town where I grew up. She said her family (maiden) name. An even bigger surprise: Her uncle was a close friend of my father (both of whom are now deceased.)

I then gave her one of my personal calling cards, and asked her to show it to her uncle's family. We both marveled over the "coincidence."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home