Friday, March 07, 2008

Korean Liahona at store. Fri, Mar 7, 2008

03/07/2008. 1004. I was out running errands, and had just left a library. I was on my way to shop at a discount/close-out store. But at a certain intersection, I felt prompted to go another direction. It was at the level where I wasn't sure if it was real, or whether I was imagining it.

As I came upon a familiar shopping-center, I thought about where I could go, and then felt impressed to go to a certain store where I had already been a few times. I thought my opportunities there may have already been played out, so I parked and prayed about it, and still felt impressed to go there. Again, I wasn't sure. It could have been my imagination, but it was enough that it was worth taking a chance.

I knew that store sells inexpensive sweat-bands for head and wrists, so I looked for those, as I'm constantly losing mine. I bought something else that caught my eye too.

The cashier was a Korean lady who I didn't recognize from before. She gave off spiritual light, enough so that it seemed obvious to me that she was a believer in Christ. Her face simply radiated the light that indicated she believed in Him and knew Him.

I think I've attempted to place Korean copies of the Book of Mormon there on my previous visits, and I may have attempted placing copies of the Liahona there. If I remember correctly, those offers were delined. I had newer issues of the Liahona, so I thought I'd try those.

I offered the lady a magazine from church in Korean, and she agreed to accept it. So after paying I went out to the car and retrieved a December 2007 issue of the Korean Liahona. On the way back in, I wrote my name and phone number on the back cover.

When I went back in, she was ringing up another customer, but held out her hand towards me to receive the magazine. She didn't thumb through it, at least not at first because of the other customer, but she thanked me.

Now, as I blog this, I feel more confident that it was an inspired contact.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3/07/2008 09:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's inspiring. I'm glad you followed through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home