Monday, February 04, 2008

English DVD at restaurant. Mon, Feb 4, 2008.

02/04/2008. 983. I was at a Chinese restaurant, and blew my chance to strike up a conversation with one of the employees when he brought my food. Even though I was the only customer eating in the dining area, they were still pretty busy preparing phoned-in orders for carry-out.

A family with a bunch of kids came in to eat in the dining room. They ordered and sat down. The kids were real cute. The family sat at the table directly in front of me, and the kids kept making eye contact, so I felt comfortable striking up a conversation.

I told the lady she had cute kids. She was flattered and said thank-you. Then I offered her a DVD (Together Forever) from church about families. She agreed to receive it and came over and accepted it. I said our church believes families can be together forever. She read the cover and some of the back, and handed it to her husband, who was sitting on the opposite side of her away from me.

It was a polite and friendly encounter. The restaurant employees were so busy, I didn't get another chance to converse with them.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2/12/2008 03:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know - I really enjoy reading your blog, and plan to follow your example before too long. Living near Denver, I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to share the BM with speakers of other languages - once I'm prepared and start looking! Your blog is inspiring.

THANKS!!

-Scott L. Peterson
http://hopeforabetterworld.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home