Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Youtube videos of foreign language Book of Mormon

02/06/2008. I've started a Youtube channel to spread the word of the foreign language editions of the Book of Mormon. The videos are very rudimentary and amateurish. If anyone wants to redo them in a more professional manner, feel free. I'm still too chicken to show my face, but you can hear my voice.

The first two were done with my cell phone, then converted to mp4. The trial version of the program I used to convert from the cell-phone's video format to mp4 doesn't get the audio and video synched correctly. The next three were done with a still camera that has some basic video capabilities, and records directly to mp4. The lighting didn't come out right on the last 2, but the Urdu version came out okay, or at least the best of the five.

The goal is to get the key words of the language and the word "book" on to Youtube so that people searching for them can find a book in their language, and the English edition along with it, so they can have bilingual (diglot) material.

I don't care if people read it merely for the bilingual aspect, or just "something to read" in their native language. Those who are ready for the spiritual message contained in the Book of Mormon will receive some kind of witness or prompting from the Holy Spirit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2/20/2008 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is a fantastic idea. I just got a video camera and this might be a good project to continue.

Keep up the inspiring work.

 
At 2/23/2008 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Justine said...

I've been following you for some time, and just want to say what a blessing you are to so many people. Keep up the wonderful work, you've inspired me to be better and try harder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home