Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Follow-up, Korean - Japanese. Tue, Mar 25, 2008

03/25/2008. Journal entry. This was to be a follow up to visit I made here with the ward missionaries on March 3rd of this month. One of the employees there is Korean, and another is Japanese.

There is a member in our ward who went to Japan on his mission, and still speaks Japanese. He even teaches English, part time, to people from Japan. His wife is part Japanese, but doesn't speak it.

Earlier in the month I invited them to go with me to this restaurant to follow up. I probably could have scrounged up a date to make it a foursome, but I didn't want the hassle of trying to work around the schedule of another person.

Our waitress/hostess was the same lady who served the missionaries and me earlier, and she recognized me.

The Japanese employee was not there, and was out of town on a trip.

The place was not busy, so there was plenty of opportunity to chat with the waitress/hostess. We didn't discuss the gospel much, but learned which Christian religion she's a part of. And she gave us some of her family story.

On Sunday, their restaurant is only open in the evening, so theoretically, they could come to church.

I gave her some more material, Korean, Japanese, and English copies of the Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home