Saturday, July 08, 2006

Moment #644. Tagalog-Ilokano at laundromat parking lot. Sat, Jul 8, 2006.

07/08/2006. As described in the previous entry, I was at the laundromat. I made a trip out to my car to put some stuff away, and a young couple exited about the same time I did and headed towards their car which was parked right next to mine. At an appropriate moment, I struck up a conversation by asking them if they spoke any foreign languages. The man said yes, so I asked where they were from. He said the Philippines. I asked if they spoke Tagalog and they said yes. I asked if they spoke any other languages, and he said Ilokano.

They were boyfriend and girlfriend, a cute young couple that looked like they would fit in well at our YSA branch. I ended up giving them Tagalog, Ilokano and English Books of Mormon, and a "Together Forever" DVD that has a Tagalog track. I also gave them wwo issues of the Tagalog Liahona, and I invited to YSA the branch.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home