Tuesday, July 11, 2006

2 missed opportunities, Tue, Jul 11, 2006.

07/11/2006. I went to do the rest of the laundry that I didn't do last Saturday. This time it was earlier in the evening, so I wanted to go to the nicer laundromat a little farther down the street. It's a bit cleaner and less crowded but it's not open 24 hours like the closer one. However, as I approached the closer one, I had a definite impression I should go there instead.

At first, I didn't see anyone who obviously stood out as approachable. At the folding table next to the one I was using there were two Spanish-speaking men. I could have approached them, but I didn't. It wasn't until afterwards that I felt guilty about letting that opportunity slip by.

After they left, the next man to use that table found a disposable butane lighter in a dryer. He pointed it out to me, that it could have started a fire. Again, I was too slow to continue the conversation. He spoke English, but I couldn't tell by his accent what his native language was. I felt bad about letting that opportunity slip by.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home