Friday, March 04, 2011

Shona at store. Fri, Mar 4, 2011.

03/04/2011. 1274. I was on the West side of town running errands, and was on my way to a restaurant. I stopped at a dollar store to buy some stuff. One of the other customers was talking on her cell phone in a foreign language. After I went around the store getting some stuff I needed, plus some impulse purchases, she was still on her cell phone. Not wanting to interrupt her, I went to the check-out line. After another man got in line behind me, then she got in line. So while the cashier was ringing up my purchases, I talked to her. She was from Zimbabwe and spoke Shona, so I offered her a free book from church in Shona. She was interested, and agreed to receive it. So after I paid for my stuff and took it out to the car, I took back in a Shona and an English Book of Mormon. When I got back in, the cashier was ringing up her purchases, so I presented it to her, pointed out the info flyer (with chapel addresses) inside, and my calling card. She gratefully received them.

I have to give credit to the Lord on this one. The West side of town has many immigrants, so as I was on my way from my previous errand to the restaurant that I had in mind, I sought and received guidance on which route I should take. I don't know if I was inspired to visit this particular store, but the idea of shopping here came after I was on this particular route.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home