Sunday, January 30, 2011

German declined at store. Sun, Jan 30, 2011

01/30/2011. 1270. On the way home from church, I felt inspired to stop at a certain store. I didn't really need anything, but figured I could stock up on something I would use anyway. I met a couple of dignified ladies who were speaking a mixture of English and what sounded like German. I asked one of them if they were speaking German and she said yes. I asked if she still liked to read in German and she said yes. I said the reason I asked was that my church had free books in German, "Das Buch Mormon" and offered her a free copy. Though, I'm not sure I pronounced the name correctly in German. She politely declined. I tried to offer her a pass-along card with the church's phone number, but she also politely declined that too.

It was a pleasant encounter. It didn't seem to bother her, she was just not interested.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home