Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Amharic at coffee shop. Tue, Jan 4, 2011.

01/04/2011. 1267. After leaving the drug store, and starting to drive way, I saw an Ethiopian-looking man enter the coffee shop next door. So I parked again, grabbed an Amharic Book of Mormon from the trunk, and went into the coffee shop, and ordered a hot-chocolate and bagel.

On my way out, I stopped at the man's table where he was sitting by himself, and asked if he spoke Amharic, and he said yes. I asked if he'd like to receive a free book in Amharic from my church, and he said okay. So I gave him the Amharic Book of Mormon. I forget what more I said, probably something about phone numbers on cards inside in case he wanted to know more.

The other patrons at the tables within ear-shot of us stopped talking and were obviously listening in, and watching, but I didn't care.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1/21/2011 01:34:00 PM, Blogger Gdub said...

Oh man, you should've asked where the best Ethiopian place was in town! I'm having flashbacks about that delicious food.

I just found your blog here, following a link form your comment on Keepa'. I must say, this is some pretty encouraging and awesome stuff. Good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home