Saturday, November 20, 2010

Missed opportunity at grocery. Fri, Nov 20, 2010.

10/20/2010. Journal entry. As I walked into the grocery store, I ended up right behind two guys who looked like they were from India, who were speaking a foreign language. I blew it. I chickened out of speaking to them. A few minutes later, after I got what I came for, and was heading toward the check-out, I was again walking behind them for a few seconds before they turned to go down one of the aisles. I missed that opportunity too.

I think one really does have to stay in practice in order to react quickly within the window of opportunity. Those opportunities were only a few seconds each. Perhaps I should have back-tracked and gone down the same aisle as they, but it may have looked contrived. The best way would have been to just open my mouth when we were already within polite speaking distance due to just happening to be going through the entrance at the same time.

Hmmm. Was it a random encounter or a divine appointment? My feelings of guilt would seem to indicate it was the latter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home