Thursday, September 03, 2009

Bengali at store. Pass-along card. Thu, Sep 3, 2009.

09/03/2009. 1185. While shopping at a department store I noticed a man who appeard to be from South Asia (ie, the Indian sub-continent). I stopped to ask him where he was from, and he said Bangladesh. He seemed busy, so I didn't want to make him wait while I went out to get a Book of Mormon from my car, so I offered him a customized business card size pass-along card that I had in my wallet. He politely accepted it. I explained that the Book of Mormon was available in a Bengali translation, and I said he could call the 800 number and get a free copy of one in Bengali and in English if he wanted. He was very polite, and it was a pleasant encounter.

I have to give the Lord credit for this. I was driving down the Interstate on my way home, and I felt a spiritual impression to shop for shirts at this store. And I was in need of a few new dress shirts. So not only did I get some nice shirts on sale at a ridiculously low price (I didn't even know the store was having a sale), I was able to make a contact to boot!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home