Wednesday, August 26, 2009

French, Wolof at store. Wed, Aug 26, 2009.

08/26/2009. 1184. I went to a store for some photo-processing. The machine that reads your storage media was out of order, but the employee who helped me spoke with an accent, and seemed like he was from Africa. So I asked him if he spoke French. He said yes, so I asked where he was from, and he said Senegal. So I asked him if he also spoke Wolof, which he did.

I said that my church has free material in Wolof if he'd like to see it, and he was interested. He wanted to teach his American wife some Wolof. So I went to the car and got Wolof and English copies of Gospel Fundamentals, Wolof and English copies of the Joseph Smith testimony pamphlet, French and English copies of the Book of Mormon, and a multi-lingual DVD of "Together Forever" which has a French audio track.

He wasn't all that excited about them, but he thought his wife would be interested.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9/07/2009 07:45:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I prepare income taxes for people who have come from all over the world. I keep a number of Books of Mormon in a variety of languages on hand. I have been able to place Books of Mormon in Urdu, Igbo, Swahili, Turkish, Cambodian, Laotian, Hmong, Spanish, Russian, Chinese and other languages just by offering them free to clients who show an interest in a particular language. I also keep copies of "The Two Testaments" and "Finding Faith in Christ" DVDs in multiple languages handy and give them away also.
Merrill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home