Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spanish at laundromat. Thu, Jul 30, 2009.

07/30/2009. 1174. Late night at the 24-hour laundry. Not many people. There was a young Mexican couple doing their laundry there who were seated near the folding table I was using. They had a newborn infant, and appeared humble and approachable. On my first trip to take my clothes out to the car, I brought back in a copy of the "Together Forever" and a copy of "Our Heavenly Father's Plan" DVDs. I wrote the nearby Spanish-speaking missionaries' phone number on the list of chapels that I had put inside the clamshell. I presented the DVDs to them on my way back in. I explained a little of what they were about, and mentioned the name of the church, and pointed out the missionaries' phone number. They accepted them, but didn't seem enthusiastic.

As I write this, I realize there is more Spanish language material from church that I could give out at this laundromat, such as the "3 Simple Ways to Become a Happier Family", which itself contains 3 other pamphlets.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8/01/2009 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Chaplain Kathleen said...

Hi! Your RLDS fellow Bible slinger again. I love putting literature in laundromats. Noticed that in my neighborhood (50% Spanish-speaking), the Adventists got there before me. So I picked up some of the IBS Spanish Book of John ($0.30 each!) and put a stack in there with our church schedule on a sticker. Love the Book of John for giveaways now. More bang for my buck. Also found some bulk King James Bibles at Dollar Tree with pretty color covers -- nice sturdy trade paperbacks. So there's another inexpensive Bible source for you. Best wishes and thanks again for your enthusiasm in sharing the restored Gospel.

 
At 8/02/2009 06:41:00 AM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Yes, I have some of the Dollar Tree bibles. They come in KJV, and they used come in RVR 1909, which is the public domain version.

My problem with them is that the print is too small. You need a magnifying glass to read them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home